Archive
« Cleaning Out! | Main | Organization »
Wednesday
May122010

Upholstery Update- I finished the Chaise!

I have finally finished the chase, that Chris started last semester.  It took a lot of sewing and three classes of time, but it is done.  When I started with it Chris had done all the work but he had left off with the outsides of the arms, the back, and the skirts to finish.  I started with the outsides of the arms and then finished the back. This involved sewing welting cord, stapling with cardboard, and using this evil stuff called ply grip.

the finished arms

welting cord on the back

attaching the back fabric

the finished back

The next step involved sewing more welting cord, sewing the skirts, and attaching the skirts. As sewing is not really what Chris does, I am secretly glad I got to take over!

attaching the skirts

Now for the before and after!

From free Craigs list find

to chic chaise for reading by the fireNext I will have to finish off the bedroom and post pictures of it in the room!  

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments (1)

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! I think you've found your calling!

May 21, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterJaime

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>